Whiplash Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
A sudden event is usually responsible for whiplash. The pain and other discomfort associated with it can significantly disrupt a patient’s daily activities. Fortunately, our chiropractor in Palm Beach Gardens is able to offer patients who visit Goldberg Wellness & Acupuncture Center natural therapies that can bring relief without surgery or medication.
What is Whiplash?
Another term for the same condition is neck strain. Most people associate whiplash or neck strain with sports injuries or vehicular accidents. However, any type of blow or impact that causes an individual’s head to jerk backward or forward could be responsible for whiplash. It results from stretched or torn tendons and muscles in the neck. The most frequent symptoms of whiplash are:
- Neck pain, tightness, muscles that are knotted or hard, and a limited range of motion
- Pain when the head rocks side to side or backward to forward
- Pain or stiffness when attempting to look over the shoulder
- A headache that starts at the base of the skull then radiates toward the forehead
Some patients report that they experience immediate pain following an injury or trauma. However, many people begin to feel discomfort anywhere from several hours to a few days after the event responsible for the whiplash.
Whiplash Treatment Options
Getting prompt treatment after experiencing an event that could cause whiplash is important because of the possibility of a concussion. In addition, a patient in any of these circumstances requires emergency medical attention:
- Suffers from a headache that is persistent or getting worse
- Has weakness or trouble talking
- Feels nauseated, unusually sleepy, or dizzy or appears confused or unconscious
Our practice customizes the therapy for each whiplash patient. The most common types of chiropractic treatment we use include:
- Prescribed exercises
- Muscle stimulation, relaxation, or a combination
- Recommended ergonomic alterations
- Suggested lifestyle changes
Our doctor utilizes chiropractic therapies to boost health and wellness in all areas of a patient’s life. Often unrelated symptoms are the result of imbalances within the spinal column. Our practice uses a whole-person approach that looks for the underlying cause of a patient’s problem rather than merely treating symptoms.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Chiropractor in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
If you suspect whiplash, get prompt chiropractic care and avoid risking injuries that could get worse. Our chiropractor in Palm Beach Gardens, Dr. Bruce Goldberg, uses only natural therapies. Chiropractic care provides patients with a new sense of wellness and balance. Be sure to call Goldberg Wellness & Acupuncture Center today at (561) 624-5070 to schedule your appointment.